Selection method of printing label inkPrinting label is different from printing book, the choice of ink should be considered comprehensively, such as customer demand, label use, material type, etc. Now let's have a specific understanding!
1. When choosing the label printing ink, we should also fully consider the customer's requirements. Sometimes customers may require the label to have a special effect. At this time, it may be necessary to consider how to meet the special requirements of customers and products from the perspective of label printing ink.
2. Does the label have to go through some special processing process with the product it pastes? What are the special requirements? This also has a certain impact on the choice of label. For example, in the processing process of some products, the label pasted on it may have to withstand the test of high temperature or come into contact with some chemical reagents, which requires that the label printing ink must have excellent quality High temperature resistance, chemical resistance, etc., otherwise it will cause the deformation or damage of the label.
3. The use and environment of label are also important factors when choosing label printing ink. For example, the label used on daily chemical washing products usually requires that the printing ink has good acid and alkaline resistance, grease resistance, etc. Another example: outdoor use of the label, due to the wind, sun and rain test, therefore, in the selection of label printing ink must pay attention to the ink in light, water, high temperature, acid and alkali resistance and other aspects of performance.
4. Cost factors. The goal of the enterprise is to pursue the maximum profit, which inevitably involves the cost problem. Generally speaking, the price of UV label printing ink is the highest, followed by water-based label printing ink, while the price of solvent label printing ink is the lowest. Of course, we should also consider the transportation, storage and other costs. The performance indexes of label printing ink mainly include hue, fineness, saturation, gloss, adhesion, viscosity, dryness, etc. These properties have a very important impact on the printing process and printing quality. This paper focuses on several performance indexes.
5. The type and performance of printing material is one of the most important factors to determine the label printing ink. Different printing materials need different inks. For example: paper labels can be printed with water-based ink, while film labels are usually printed with solvent based ink. In addition, it is worth noting that even the same type of substrate material, if the variety, grade or surface properties are different, may also use different ink.
6. Printing methods and printing conditions are also one of the important factors affecting the choice of label printing ink. Generally, different printing inks can not be used instead or mixed, and the printing speed, the type and performance of printing equipment also have a certain impact on the choice of label printing ink.
7. The stability of ink viscosity is one of the prerequisites to ensure the quality consistency of printed matter. Too high or too low ink viscosity is not conducive to printing. Therefore, the control of ink viscosity is very important. Generally speaking, in the printing process, with the continuous volatilization of water and solvent in the ink, the ink viscosity will gradually increase, so we should often measure the viscosity of the ink, make a good record of the viscosity change, and adjust it in time.
8. The dryness of ink also has a great influence on label printing. Too fast drying is easy to cause the pattern to become shallow or even dry plate; too slow drying is easy to cause ink adhesion or dirty printing. Generally speaking, the drying speed of the ink should be compatible with the printing speed, the drying capacity of the printing equipment and the area of the printed pattern.
9. For water-based label printing ink, the control of pH value is very important, generally between 8 and 9. The change of pH value of water-based ink will also cause the change of viscosity. Therefore, the appropriate amount of pH stabilizer should be added to the ink every certain time in the printing process.